This Una Vida, Dos Países: Children and Youth (Back) in Mexico unit also includes:
What would you give up for an opportunity of a better life? Scholars investigate the experience of immigrating to the United States. Through video and first-hand accounts, they analyze the dangers, concerns, and fears that follow an immigrant's path to make the journey to America.
- Invite a guest speaker who has gone through the immigration and migration process in America (even a foreign exchange student can be of great value to tap into)—or find a video online to demonstrate this concept
- Extend the activity by discussing current events of how the United States is dealing with migration and immigration issues right now
- Limit group sizes to no more than three with roles assigned to each member of the group
- Excellent resources ready to go for teacher use
- Lessons are printable in both English and Spanish for bilingual classrooms
- Graphic organizer and map are printable and easy to use