This Under the Weather: A Look at Severe Storms lesson plan also includes:
From raging flood waters to category five hurricanes, there's no doubt weather seriously disrupts people's lives. With the close reading activity, scholars select three articles about natural disasters to read and annotate. Finally, they analyze the catastrophic effects of severe weather.
- Have learners create posters with tips for staying safe during a natural weather disaster
- Ask individuals to use the digital highlighter tool to identify and acquire unfamiliar vocabulary
- Requires a free Newsela account to access articles
- Includes essential and supporting questions
- Provides link to a YouTube video as an extension resource
- Some minor grammatical errors in student/teacher instructions