This Understand Fractions as Fair Shares video also includes:
Young mathematicians get their fair share of learning in the first video of this four-part series on fractions. Multiple examples are presented that visually demonstrate how each piece must be equal in size when breaking a whole into fractions. Includes a real-world context that describes equality in terms of fairness, further supporting young learners with understanding this concept. Supplement this resource with an introductory lesson on fractions and strengthen the fractional number sense of your class.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Examples clearly show fractions as equal sized pieces of a whole
- Guide Practice video reinforces an understanding of fractions as equal parts of a whole
- Describes a common mistake for learners to avoid when working with fractions
- Requires explicit instruction on the names of different fractions