This Understand Multiplication Problems: Using Equal Groups video also includes:
Understanding multiplication as the sum of equal sized groups is a big step for young mathematicians. This concept is clearly demonstrated in the first video of this series, as students learn to write multiplication equations to represent real life situations. Present this resource during whole group instruction or as an independent learning activity to supplement an introductory unit on multiplication.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Lesson begins with a review of the array model of multiplication
- Word problems include pictures to support students with learning about multiplication
- Additional practice problems required to support learners with writing and solving multiplication equations
- Assumes prior knowledge of the commutative property of multiplication