Brrr, it's cold when temperatures fall below zero. Use this lesson as a great way to introduce positive and negative numbers with real-life temperatures. The video shows how a thermometer is just like a number line, except vertical. Practice moving up and down the thermometer with different temperatures to show how the numbers either add or subtract. Use the other videos in the series for other situations with positive and negative numbers.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Fun activities provided in Slides
- Great introduction to positive and negative numbers
- More practice problems and quick quiz also included in Slides
- Simple lesson; try introducing more challenging problems