This Understanding Rational Numbers and Proportions lesson plan also includes:
Introduce young scholars to rational numbers and proportions with a unit that takes the cake! Three delicious bakery-themed activities guide the class in a variety of ways to model fractions and determine equivalence of parts of a whole. Planning and delivery is easy, courtesy of a host of well-written support materials.
- Present one activity per day for three days to allow learners to focus on the tasks in order
- Plan time after all of the activities are complete for groups to compare their solutions
- Have graph paper and construction paper accessible for groups that wish to take a more hands-on approach to solving the scenarios
- Each activity builds upon the next to create a fun, themed lesson
- The teacher's guide is packed with assessment options, extensions, and printable materials