Why Lesson Planet?
Do you know when and where the first Olympic Games were held? Do you know what each of the five rings in the Olympic symbol represent? Your pupils will learn about the birth and development of the modern Olympic Games, and will conclude by writing brief essays considering the perspective of an Olympic athlete.
- Modern and relevant topic will engage learners
- Website includes other resources and related materials for further instruction on the Winter Olympic Games
- Handout included
- Include as part of your classroom coverage of the Sochi Winter Olympics
- The second part of the worksheet is outdated, but can be adapted to apply to a modern Olympic Games athlete
- Instructor will need to provide structure, support, rubric, and extended time for essay writing