This Unit 1: Human Rights Concepts presentation also includes:
The Declaration of Human Rights was put into place as a safeguard for lives across the globe. Scholars investigate current human rights crises in the second lesson of a six-part module using a Model UN curriculum. They research the concept of what true human rights look like and how the entire globe, with the UN simulation as a guide, deals with nations that do not honor the basic value of life.
- Introduce the lesson concept by brainstorming what human rights currently exist in the United States
- Extend the lesson with current events about global nations that are experiencing a human rights crisis
- First of five total units on human rights
- Resource provides detailed PowerPoint for classroom use
- Lesson includes guidelines for student presentations