This U.S. Census: Using the past to Predict the Future lesson plan also includes:
For learners entering the workforce, deciding what they want to be when they grow up is only the beginning of their career journey. Eighth graders explore the employment growth and decline of their chosen future careers, and discuss their discoveries with a class T-chart that displays data for every selected job.
- Incorporate into a career unit or when focusing on industrial growth and decline in an economics class
- Connect to a language arts class for the presentation and report elements
- Much of the lesson is specific to population and economic figures from North Carolina, but it is easily adaptable to your own state or region
- Lesson requires one 50-minute period, but is expandable to several days depending on the amount of research and analysis
- Provides extension opportunities
- Includes all necessary handouts and materials