This U.S. Military Service Through History lesson plan also includes:
The soldiers of the American Revolution and the soldiers of the modern war in Iraq may have different tactical objectives, technology, and strategies, but they share the goal of protecting the American way of life. Compare the ways that the United States military has changed throughout the years, as well as the differences between conflicts throughout American history, with an instructive social studies lesson.
- Connect the unit to a focus on careers, or when discussing a particular American war
- Create a cross-curricular assignment between language arts and social studies
- Learners may have strong opinions about military service and wartime, especially if they need to create a recruitment poster
- Provides links to helpful resources for research opportunities
- Includes a list of optional extensions for the lesson, as well as modification ideas