This Use a Bar Model to Write and Solve Equations video also includes:
Word problems and equations seem like a hard combo, but your learners will be able to see how a visual can express the scenario. This video introduces the bar model to organize the pieces of a word problem into a visual equation. Practice one example with the video and use the additional slides for more extra practice.
- This is the first video out of a six-part series about equations and inequalities, use the next video to solve the same problem with inverse operations
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Reviews types of variables
- Introduces a visual understanding before writing the equation
- Spanish verbal translation provided
- Video only contains one example problem, use slides for more practice