This Use a Number Line to Understand the Relationship Between Rational Numbers and Absolute Value lesson plan also includes:
Get real with a video defining rational numbers as whole numbers, their opposites, and all numbers in-between. The goal is for learners to know that the absolute value of any rational number, whether decimal, fraction, or whole number, is its distance away from zero. The short video has great animation to keep your number crunchers' attention. It also includes a coach’s commentary and guided practice.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- A comprehensive lesson that differentiates learning
- The extension activities includes kinesthetic and logic games to engage students
- When graphing the rational numbers at the beginning of core lesson the video uses the same color dots on the number line, which can confuse viewers
- Instructors may need to stop video and check for understanding before continuing.