This Use Circle Models to Find Simple Equivalent Fractions video also includes:
Visual models are an essential component of all introductory lessons on fractions. In the second video of this series, circle models are used to support young mathematicians as they continue learning about equivalent fractions. Engaging learners with the always-popular pizza, multiple examples are presented that demonstrate this approach to comparing fractions. As added support, considering creating card stock circles that students can trace when drawing their own visual models of fractions. A great resource that provides children with another tool to use when working with fractions.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Begins the lesson by reviewing the definition of equivalent fractions
- Instructional video is available in both English and Spanish
- A slide show version of the video is available for download
- More scaffolding required to support all learners with cutting circles into fractions
- Additional practice problems are required to support students with using circle models to compare fractions