This Use Fraction Strips to Generate Equivalent Fractions video also includes:
Fraction strips are great visual models that support young mathematicians with learning to compare fractions. The fourth video in this series clearly models how this tool is used with numerous examples of equivalent fractions. Extend the lesson by creating sets of cardstock fractions strips that children can use as they continue learning how to compare fractions. A great resource that will certainly strengthen the fractional number sense of young learners.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Supports learners with a brief review of equivalent fractions
- Explains a common mistake to avoid when using visual models to represent fractions
- A slide show version of the instructional video is available
- Guided Practice video is incomplete, including only seven seconds of run time
- Additional practice problems are required to support students with using fraction strips to determine equivalent fractions