Should your young writers use more sensory details in their writing? Encourage class members to incorporate similes and metaphors to their poetic writing with a packet of worksheets focused on figurative language. Class members complete activities that model ways to use the five senses in their descriptive details.
- A great addition to your unit on figurative language and sensory details
- Have writers incorporate their answers into class or individual poems
- Have groups or pairs complete the worksheets and then share their answers
- Some formatting could be more straightforward, but readers should still be able to complete the activity
- Based on Daily 6-Trait Writing
- Applicable to any language arts class, whether you are working on a poetry unit or descriptive writing lesson
- Provides several opportunities for participants to write creatively