This Using a Calculator to Find the Equation of a Function lesson plan also includes:
Can you see the function in the table? A calculator activity helps learners analyze data tables. They use technology to create scatter plots and calculate a regression function to fit the data. This is the first in a series of two lessons.
- Use the first activity as a class opener to review the steps of calculating a regression function
- Expects knowledge of the different parent functions
- Requires graphing calculators for their regression functions
- Includes questions for assessment
- Provides ideas for extension