Most teachers can agree that they don't want to read student writing that switches back and forth between the past, present, and future tenses. Help prevent this from happening by improving your pupils' awareness of verb-tense inconsistency. For this instructional activity, learners practice identifying and correcting verb-tense inconsistency.
- Use this as a homework assignment or complete the sentences together and assign only the paragraph for homework
- When you're finished, ask students to look at a section in their own writing to see how correct their verb tenses are
- In order to complete this worksheet, learners will need some prior knowledge of the present, past, and future tenses
- Includes individual sentences to correct as well as a paragraph for more of a challenge
- Provides explanation about verb tenses as well as examples of correct and incorrect usage