This Using Scientific Evidence to Make Community Decisions lesson plan also includes:
Bring awareness to community planning issues with the help of two readings detailing Hurricane Floyd. After reading, scholars take part in a grand conversation about how the hurricane affected Greenville City and relate it to planning concerns that arise in their homeown.
- Post discussion questions on a classroom blog
- Invite a city government representative to speak to the class about community planning
- Write a letter to your city government explaining a specific land use issue you have within your community
- Copies are required
- The lesson plan is brief and to the point
- Materials are hyperlinked for easy navigation