This Using Waste Heat to Generate Electricity activities & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
High school energy enthusiasts will be able to explain how thermal energy that is a byproduct of industry can be used as an alternative way to generate electricity. After some discussion, brainstorming, listening to podcasts, and research, they will zoom in on a specific example of an industry using this method of electricity generation. They work together to create their own podcast using the fabuous MapMaker Interactive software on the National Geographic Education website.
- Makes use of an engaging interactive website
- Addresses several Common Core State Standards for speaking and listening
- Outstanding additional materials and teacher support
- Publishing a podcast is a unique activity to foster learning