This Vigenere Cipher—Code Crackers lesson plan also includes:
Make a code more difficult to crack. The second lesson in a series of two about code crackers introduces the Vigenere Cipher. Pupils use a keyword and a Vigenere grid to code a message. Using an inverse method, learners are able to decode a message too.
- Use as an introduction to inverse functions
- Research the German enigma machine and find out the total number of encryption combinations
- The class should be familiar with a Caesar Cipher
- Includes assessment suggestions
- Contains possible responses to discussion questions