Guide young mathematicians toward understanding visual fractions. The first page of an educational math activity connects fractional parts on a number line to fair shares in a shape. The resource points out that each fractional part in a shape is the same size, representing a fair share.
- Post the set of units on a class website for learners to access and complete at home
- The fourth lesson in a series of 10 that makes up a unit from the TransMath® text
- Resource is intended as a self-guided lesson for individuals to learn a new skill and practice that skill independently; however, it can be effective as an in-class lesson
- The pictograph page does not contain any questions to go with the graph; consider adding exercises for further skills practice
- Includes a homework activity that allows individuals to practice partitioning shapes into equal parts and solve five mixed problems
- No answer key is available