This Vocabulary Study: In Cold Blood by Truman Capote lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
In Cold Blood, the riveting story of the 1959 murders of the Clutter family, is noteworthy not only because it is considered one of the greatest true crime novels, but also because of the language Truman Capote employs to recount the tale. Even good readers will be challenged by the vocabulary. Here’s a resource that lists 50 of the more esoteric words, their definitions, a pronunciation guide, derivatives, and a showing sentence from the text for each word. Also included are templates for student lists, fill-in-the-blank quizzes, and a final, multiple choice exam.
- A great aid for readers of the nonfiction novel
- Words are listed in the order they appear in the novel
- The teacher overview includes an alphabetical list of the 50 words
- To extend the lesson, consider asking learners to craft their own sentences for each word