This Volcanoes and Global Warming lesson plan also includes:
Don't hit the eject button on a resource on volcanoes. After reviewing basic information about volcanoes, groups study the role they and their ejected materials have on global temperatures. Individuals should come to the conclusion that volcanoes have a cooling effect on temperatures and are not responsible for global warming.
- Have learners research different volcanoes in terms of their ejected material and effect on climate
- Provide graph paper to groups to plot data
- Pupils should have an understanding of the greenhouse effect
- Third lesson of four in a series on weather and climate
- Includes note sheet for learners
- Provides clear instructions on how to complete the activity