This Walk the Plank lesson plan also includes:
Ahoy Mateys, it's time to walk the plank! A pirate-inspired activity has pupils record their relative weights as they walk farther down a plank. The result is a real-life linear model with a negative slope.
12 Views 10 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Incorporate during a unit on key features of linear functions
- Consider using graphing calculators as a tool
- Be aware some pupils may be sensitive about their weight
- Provides all handouts and printables
- Includes variations for differentiation