This Walking Polygons activity & project also includes:
Get up and move! With this kinesthetic activity, young mathematicians walk the sides and interior angles of given polygons. With pivoting and rotating, learners become familiar with the sum of the interior angles of a triangle.
1 Collection 35 Views 27 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Keep this activity indoors by taping polygons on the classroom floor
- Students should have prior knowledge of geometry vocabulary
- Be sure to monitor behavior closely
- Involves a chance for your class to get out of their seats
- Pupils could easily get off task