This Watershed Teacher Field Book unit also includes:
Maybe you've seen land that is covered in water, not deep enough for a lake or pond, but deep enough that the water stays throughout the year. This area is called a wetland, and during a five-day activity, learners investigate wetlands, analyze collected data, and determine why they matter in an ecosystem.
- Determine a way to introduce and use new vocabulary; examples could be creating a word wall or using Frayer models
- Research the EPA protocol for Ohio Rapid Assessment Method as it is used on Day Three
- If taking a trip to a wetland is not feasible, use the directions on how to make a mock wetland
- There is a safety contract for both learners and their parents to sign
- Includes a post-test and optional research project listed at the end
- Some of the links do not work