Protest and uplift, the key elements in his philosophy, are introduced in a brief, mini-biography of civil rights pioneer W.E.B. Du Bois.
4 Views 5 Downloads
- Use the video to introduce a study of the civil rights movement
- As part of an examination of the civil rights movement, have groups research and prepare presentations about the philosophies and contributions of Du Bois, Booker T. Washington, Frederick Douglass, Ida B. Wells, Marcus Garvey, Dr. Martin Luther King, and Malcolm X
- Links are provided to additional, more in-depth, videos about Du Bois, as well as other famous African Americans
- The video suggests many topics that can be used as group research projects
- The video begins with a short advertisement