This What Are My Chances?—Probability Explorations lesson plan also includes:
The probability of you being born was about one in 300 trillion. The first of two lessons has young mathematicians explore probability. They rotate through five stations comparing theoretical and experimental probability using common objects for a very informative and engaging activity.
- Explore this online spinner with theoretical versus experimental probability
- Read the portion of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead about the probability of flipping a coin
- Requires dice, fair-sided coins, and decks of cards
- Introduces the probability formula
- Offers many extension ideas
- Designed for both Common Core and NCTM standards