This What If? lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
For many children around the world, food scarcity is a painful reality of daily life. Help young scholars understand the seriousness of this global issue with with a reading of the book The Good Garden. After discussing food security and completing a related worksheet, learners conclude the lesson plan by writing and illustrating alternate endings to the story. Addressing a number of topics in social studies, science, math, and language arts, this cross-curricular lesson plan can really make for a rich learning experience in the upper elementary and middle school grade levels.
- All supporting materials are included with the lesson
- Includes a list of topics to address during a class discussion about food security
- Requires a copy of the children's book The Good Garden by Katie Smith Milway
- Assumes children are familiar with making pie charts