This What Is Bullying? lesson plan also includes:
Scholars discover what it means to fight injustice with the first of four lessons on becoming an upstander. Pupils learn how to respond to a bully with compassion, respect, and assertiveness. Finally, they write guided book reports based on a book about bullying.
- Before the lesson, have individuals call out words and phrases that they associate with bullies
- Ask students to discuss ways to prevent bullying in their school community
- Includes a four-minute video
- Website requires free account for some materials
- Includes several colorful kindness posters to display in the classroom
- Provides helpful resources and tips for diverse learners