This What is the Legacy of the New Deal? lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Prepare your pupils for full-fledged political discussions with a scaffolded seminar process. Before talking about the topic, class members have a couple of days to respond to a question in writing, using the two listed reading selections as evidence. On the day of the seminar, learners first discuss in small groups and then come together for a whole-class Socratic seminar about the New Deal.
- Includes a writing assignment page, basic rubric, reflection sheet, annotation handout, and sample essay
- Two-step seminar process will help class members formulate their ideas and practice presenting their main points
- Lesson procedures are not described in great detail
- Some parts of the assignment are unclear or vague