This What Kind of Citizen & Community Member Are You? lesson plan also includes:
What makes an ideal citizen? How can we as individuals do to impact our communities in a positive way? Discuss this important concept with your class with an interactive, creative activity and follow-up role play.
1 Collection 316 Views 227 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Consider alternative ways for addressing themes in role play, such as by bringing in articles from local news or having a guest speaker come in and discuss community issues
- When lesson is complete, have learners improve their original "perfect" citizen drawings by adding new information
- Will require some preparation of materials, including large strips of paper and markers/crayons
- Good activity to introduce a course/unit on civic duty
- Role play handouts and follow-up questions included