This What Makes Good People Do Bad Things? worksheet also includes:
Phillip Zimbardo's famous Stanford Prison Experiment is the subject of Melissa Dittmann's article that considers situations that can foster brutal and even evil behavior. After reading about the conclusions researchers drew from experiments by Zimbardo and others, class members consider the factors that can make good people do bad things.
- Connect the reading of this resource to research into Milgram's famous experiment
- The discussion of issues raised by Dittmann's article requires a classroom environment where standards have been established for safe and respectful consideration of ideas
- A link to related articles with similar themes is provided below
- The packet includes text-based and open-ended discussion questions
- No attempt is made to provide class members with alternative responses to such situations