This What the New Ms. Marvel Means for Muslims in Comics worksheet also includes:
Gene Demby interviews three Muslim comic book fans to get their response to Marvel's newly re-imagined superheroine, Kamala Khan, a Muslim-American teenager.
58 Views 56 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have individuals reimagine another Marvel or DC character to represent a group with which they identify
- Kids might also trace the development of the character in her comic book series and in the Avengers All-New-All-Different Avengers
- The concepts and vocabulary in the article make it more appropriate for high school readers
- The discussion of the article requires a safe classroom environment
- The six-page packet includes Gene Demby's 2013 NPR's CodeSwitch article, as well as text-based and discussion questions