Go hunting for recyclables in the second lesson in this series on conservation. Using the included scavenger hunt worksheet, learners search their homes for paper, glass, metal, and plastic items that can be recycled as well as food waste that can be composted. Their findings are shared during a discussion that explores the wide variety of items that can be recycled. A fun Earth Day activity that helps children develop environmentally friendly habits.
- Scavenger hunt worksheet provides examples of the different categories of recyclable materials
- Includes ideas for extending learning about recycling
- All materials are available in both English and Spanish
- Not adaptable to Common Core standards
Included Materials - Join to Access
- Too Good To Throw Away!
- Too Good To Throw Away! Spanish Version
- Lesson Plan