This What's Regular About Tessellations? lesson plan also includes:
What makes a tessellation regular? Answer: The ability to tessellate without the use of additional shapes. Scholars use an interactive to investigate tessellations. It turns out that there are three regular tessellations and eight semi-regular tessellations.
- Have learners create a tessellation of their own
- Resource recommends using the interactive, but the activity sheet is available for classrooms without Internet access
- Pupils should have knowledge of the sum of the interior angles of a polygon
- Provides some suggestions for accommodations
- Lists assessment and extension activities