If you're working on a unit about When I Was Puerto Rican by Esmeralda Santiago, use these notes to guide your instruction. It lists the key characters, prominent literary themes, chain of events in the plot, and other elements from the story.
16 Views 10 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use as a reference guide for planning your unit on the novel, or a study guide for readers who need extra support
- Re-format the worksheet to remove the information, and have readers note their own responses in the correct sections
- Chain of events may reveal elements of the plot that learners haven't read yet
- Technique for the story structure analysis could be used for any short story or novel
- Encourages learners to look thoroughly at a text when reading critically
- Does not provide opportunities for readers to add their own reflections or observations from the text