Take a look at tornadoes with an article and related questions. Questions for before, during, and after reading are provided, along with some information on reading texts with titles and subtitles as well as a list of additional writing activities.
- Have your class mark the text for a deeper understanding
- Find some videos of tornadoes to show how powerful they can be
- Note that the article is a bit out of date and refers to the president as President Bush
- The skills focus portion has some good information on how to begin reading an article
- Resource is, overall, nicely formatted