This When Will We Ever Meet? lesson plan also includes:
Investigate the slippery slope of parallel and perpendicular lines. The lesson explores the relationship between the slopes of parallel and perpendicular lines. Pupils use graphing calculators to graph lines with equal slopes and lines with opposite reciprocal slopes and then investigate the graphed lines.
- Make a connection between the slopes of parallel lines and no solution to the system of equations
- Individuals should know how to graph a linear equation on a graphing calculator
- Assumes learners know how to find a reciprocal of a rational number
- Contains a formative and summative assessment for the lesson
- Provides suggestions to extend the lesson