This "Where Am I?" Reading Guide and Activities lesson plan also includes:
Did you ever wonder how early sailors were able to navigate their way across the seas? Groups access an article about mapmaking and the New World that details the methods and technologies early explorers used to guide them on their journeys.
58 Views 34 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have individuals create a map from their homes to school
- Prompt groups to chart the journeys of the explorers mentioned in the article
- Some class members may be confused by the descriptions in the article; have them chart the journeys of the various explorers on globes
- The 13-page packet includes a step-by-step plan, activities, an assessment, graphic organizers, and a reading guide
- No rubric for the writing assignment is included