This Where is Dupont Circle? lesson plan also includes:
Did you know a map is just a large coordinate plane with many lines and points and intersections? Help your classes see this connection using the activity. Learners analyze a map and determine the latitude and longitude coordinates of a location. They are given linear equations of the roads leading to the location and need to find the intersection.
- Adjust the task to locate the school or another landmark of interest for pupils
- Needed materials include chart paper, graph paper, rulers, and computer with access to Google Earth
- Learners should be proficient with reading and graphing linear equations
- Provides strategies to differentiate within the activity
- Includes an opening and closing activity