This Who Was Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.? lesson plan also includes:
- Martin Luther King- Mini Biography
- Civil Rights Biography: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Martin Luther King Day | All About the Holidays
- MLK: Complete the Speech
- Geography of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Civil Rights Word Scramble
- African-American History Resources
- Black History Month Resources
- Civil Rights Movement Resources
- Black History Month Resources, Grades 3-5
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Resources, Grades 3-5
- Join to access all included materials
Modern learners may be able to describe Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s influence within the Civil Rights Movement, but can they identify how that influence has affected their lives today? Class members conduct a brief amount of research before describing more about Dr. King, his accomplishments, and his timeless words.
- Implement the lesson during a unit on civil rights leaders, the weeks leading up to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday, or Black History Month
- Allow advanced learners to conduct additional independent research to support their paragraphs
- Requires a copy of Martin's Big Words by Doreen Rappaport
- Provides options for differentiation and extension
- Includes links to supplement the lesson and your existing curriculum