This Why I Am Me Timeline lesson plan also includes:
What happened when your learners were born? How about when they started school? Find out all about your pupils with a timeline activity that connects personal history to history overall. Class members create their own timelines. On one side of the timeline, they fill in events from their own lives, and on the other they mark down historical events found through research. To polish off their work, pupils illustrate the events included and note down bibliographic information on index cards.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Comes with student samples and a rubric; note that the samples are rather small, but do give the general idea of the assignment
- Requires pupils to consider their own place in history
- Some parts of the lesson, especially with regard to technology, are a bit out of date, but could easily be updated
- Lesson procedures are clear, but brief