This Why Is California so Important?—Getting into the Electoral College lesson plan also includes:
How much power does your state have in the presidential election? Young scholars investigate the mathematics of the Electoral College in the first lesson of a three-part series. The focus is on the measures of central tendency when selecting a presidential winner.
- Create an interdisciplinary lesson with the social studies department
- Hold a mock election using the electoral system
- Requires knowledge of the electoral process
- Includes a detailed teacher's guide to assist with planning
- Provides ideas to assess for understanding