This Will It Sink or Will It Float? lesson plan also includes:
Giant boats float while blueberries sink, but why? Scholars learn the importance of density in this lesson. They work together to map their ideas, learn more about the topic, and adjust their knowledge maps. Then they complete a hands-on activity and create graphs of their data, which helps them correct any misconceptions still present in their knowledge diagrams.
- Prepare more items than you think you need for the guided practice, small group work, and evaluation portions so that answers are unique
- Assumes prior knowledge of density, calculating density, graphing, and slope
- Includes an option for completing the activity without graphing for struggling pupils
- Takes an experiment performed many times in elementary school up a level
- Integrates science and math concepts