This Women’s Rights in Iraq lesson plan also includes:
Through guided discussions and collaborative activities, your class members will not only have the opportunity to learn more about the rights of women in Iraq, but they will also consider common misconceptions of Islam and examine the concept of ethnocentrism.
- Learners should have foundational knowledge of Islam, Iraq, and the US invasion/occupation of the country
- Offer media or readings regarding any recent events in the country to make the information more relevant
- Excellent instructional points and activities for exploring importance of perspective, as well as identifying stereotyping
- Rich analysis of primary and secondary source material, which are included in resource with follow-up questions
- Clear guidelines on how to present PowerPoint