This Word Clues activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Young learners develop a deeper understanding of target vocabulary. Working in pairs, students independently complete a series of word clue cards asking them to find various information about key terms including their definition, synonyms, antonyms, word origin, affixes, and more. Once the cards are complete, partners take turns reading their clues as they try to guess each other's words. This fun activity can be used to address vocabulary in any content area and would make an excellent center during rotations in any elementary grade level.
- Resource includes ideas for extending and adapting the activity to meet the needs of all learners
- Activity is adaptable to additional Common Core English Language Arts standards
- Activity calls for teachers to print, cut, and laminate word clue cards
- Assumes prior knowledge with the different characteristics of words