Rows and rows of data may look overwhelming, but they are actually very helpful. A math activity introduces matrices as a way to store and display data. Pupils take gathered data and organize it in a matrix, so they can easily access it before presenting the matrices to the rest of the class.
- Use as an introduction to matrices
- Have class members explore how the matrices would change if the data was multiplied by a given factor
- Collect charts of data prior to the lesson
- The eighth of 10 lessons that connect mathematics with careers
- Includes information about careers that work with data
- The activity is open-ended which allows for creativity
- Data links are not current