This crossword puzzle is certainly appropriate for young learners. Images work as the clues, and there are a few letters already filled in. Learners write in words that use the short /e/ sound to complete the puzzle.
19 Views 10 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Try this out as a review activity after going over these or similar words that use the short /e/ sound
- Send this sheet with kids as homework
- There are two letters next to each other in the puzzle that don't spell a word; these spaces are not numbered or paired with a clue, but this might confuse some learners
- The puzzle is scaffolded to support young learners
- The boxes are quite large and big enough for youngsters to write in with ease