This Write an Expression to Find the Cost of a Discounted Item video also includes:
Everyone loves a discount, but do they know the total cost? The video shows your learners how to write an expression that they can use for any discount amount. The first example models how to create the expression using a double number line. The quick look reviews the steps so they can use the expression by plugging in any percent. Video is second in a four-part series. Prior video shows similar expression for mark-ups.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Introduces double line
- Creates expression usable in real life
- Use notes template as graphic organizer
- Uses quick mental math of 10% and 5% to find what 15% would be
- Video does not explain every step, jumps to answers without explanation, some additional teaching may necessary for lower-level learners